Monday, January 9, 2012

What it's about

So...I don't really do New Year's resolutions, or so I don't call them that.  I prefer to think of them as Goals for the New Year.  Why?  IDK....I think if I call it a resolution, I have to resolve to do it, but if I set it as a goal it's different.  It's just my thing, and I can.

So, my goal for 2012 is two fold, I wanted to settle on one, but I think I can't really do one without the other.  They are, to follow tasks through to completion, and don't put it down, put it away.  Today is 1-9-12, and so far this has been a very difficult for me.

I have found that when I get side tracked (and actually figure out that it happened), if I jot down what sidetracked me then go back to the task I was doing it seems to help.  Here's what is on my list so far:
laundry
kitchen sink
laundry (must have happened twice)
prayer
pictures (I have no idea what this means)
walkway
master bath
couch
counter
kitchen table
enter girls into SNAP (It's a Girl Scout thing)

This has become my list of things to do, not necessarily in that order, that is just the order in which the distractions took place.  -  The funny thing about this list is that, although my CHRISTmas tree is taken down, my CHRISTmas stuff has not been put away yet....where is the priority on that!

So tonight I am doing some laundry - funny story here. - Tami told me last night that she has no clean panties.  Now before you judge me....the reason for this is that when I went to do her laundry last week it was not ready.  She is 9 - almost 10 years old, and is perfectly capable of doing her own laundry with assistance.  Although, I will do it for her, BUT my one rule is...you must have it in a laundry basket ready for me, and it CANNOT be inside out.  I don't think it is fair to expect me to have to put my clean hand in your dirty laundry to inside it out (and I know this is ass backwards way of putting it)...so she missed the laundry run and is now out of clean panites.  The hilarious (kinda) part to this story is, Tom called me at work today to let me know she put away her clean panites and socks this morning.  ME:  uh, you don't mean the one's in the basket by her door do you?  TOM: yes - they were mixed with yours....ME - that basket hadn't been washed yet....TOM:  Welp, they're in her drawers.  Really...no one noticed that these clothes were not washed??? 
Really??? 
When I told Tami - I have some bad news for you....the clothes you put away were not washed yet...she said MOM - YOU MEAN I AM WEARING DIRTY PANTIES....Yep.  Maybe next time she will get her laundry ready when I ask her to!

So, what does this have to do with my goal?  Well, when I brought the clean load of laundry in from the garage this evening, it was actually foreign for me to make myself stop and fold and put it away (not down) to completion....and Tami has clean panties for tomorrow!

2 comments: